- Seawolf skiing adds four to 2016-17 roster
- Monks Buck Mustangs, 18-3
- Gadbois & Cunha Honored by GNAC
- Duke’s Heinsohn Heads to U.S. Soccer Training
- Siena Women’s Basketball Announces the Signing of Anna Lundquist
- National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) College Draft presented by Bownet Brings Exciting Young Talent to 2016 Season
- Nichols College’s Kendall Meehan named CCC Player of the Week
- Forman Paces Siena Outdoor Track at Black and Gold Invitational
Blue Hen Casey Lyons is the NCAA Division I Athlete of the Week
- Updated: March 17, 2014
The University of Delaware women’s lacrosse team played like winners last week. Blue Hen sophomore Casey Lyons, was very successful in guiding Delaware to a pair of wins against Virginia Tech and Temple University.
Lyons scored 5 goals and added one assist in the 17-3 victory over the Virginia Tech Hokies on Wednesday.
The Ontario, Canada native also had a great game on the road in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania against Temple University. She had two goals and five assists in the Blue Hens 16-9 victory over the Temple Owls on Saturday.
Casey Lyons is the 17th national ranked player and active Blue Hen leader with 33 points coming off 22 goals and 11 assists this season. She has continued to score at least one point in each game for Delaware this season.
Casey Lyon is Women Play Ball’s Pick for the NCAA Division I Athlete of the Week for the week of Mar. 17th 2014.